Sparks, Maryland. — Registration for the USA Lacrosse Academy in Philadelphia is now open, a professional development opportunity for coaches and officials. The USA Lacrosse Academy will be held January 13-14, 2024 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. The officials’ approach will focus on sixes and refereeing in both men’s and women’s matches.
The Coaches Portion of the Academy is an intimate learning opportunity curated to provide coaches of all levels with practical insight, X’s and O’s from top college and club coaches to support them for the upcoming season. Attendees will hear from a wide range of coaches covering the essential components of the game.
Scheduled training speakers include:
- Amy Altig: Women’s Lacrosse Coach, University of Delaware; Assistant coach of the US women’s national team 2022
- Tucker Durkin: Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Drexel University; US men’s national team player, 2014, 2018
- Haley Hicklin: Assistant Women’s Lacrosse Coach, University of Pittsburgh; US women’s six-a-side team player, 2022
- Pamela Jenkins: Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Delaware State University
- Seth Tierney: Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach, Hofstra University; Assistant coach, US men’s national team, 2018, 2023
Following Saturday’s sessions, a networking event will be held prior to the Philadelphia Wings’ game against the Saskatchewan Rush in the National Lacrosse League. The match ticket is included in the cost of registration in the academy.
For more information about the USA Lacrosse Academy in Philadelphia, please visit https://www.usalacrosse.com/event/regional-academy-philly
About USA Lacrosse
USA Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is a recognized sports organization with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee. As the governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, USA Lacrosse leads the U.S. national team program and sets global standards. With more than 400,000 members nationwide, USA Lacrosse unites the community of players, coaches, officials, parents and program leaders. By working together, we inspire participation, enrich the athlete experience and support the growth of the sport.
“Creator. Troublemaker. Reader. Tv nerd. Proud beer advocate. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Introvert. Certified zombie practitioner. Thinker.”