From July 13th, the new map “Deston” will be available in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS!
KRAFTON has announced that the latest PUBG map: BATTLEGROUNDS, Deston, will be released on July 13.
PUBG players have already been able to get a glimpse of the massive, partially submerged future map through Developer Letters and Ceative Assets, but now you can get an in-depth look at Deston. Revealed by Dave Cord (Creative Director of PUBG Studios) and Michael Gillardi (Head of PUBG World Development Madison) during a live broadcast dev talk أحداث events On the 25th of June, numerous details about the new map and game mechanics were presented.
Here is an overview of Deston and all the new features introduced during the Dev Talk:
New map: Deston
The 8×8 map was designed with feedback from Haven in mind to ensure the look, feel and mechanics are compatible with PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. Deston is the largest, longest, and most intensely built map the game has ever seen. During a match in Deston, you will experience dense urban environments with tall buildings, mountain landscapes, meadows, and redesigned swamps. The map aims to strike the happy middle between fun gameplay and immersion in a realistic playing field. Deston will challenge you to learn each biome on the map to understand how to use different equipment, vehicles, and cover to win a chicken dinner. A detailed look at Deston’s new biomes can be found here:
- swamp – In the northern part of the map, the first swamp appeared PUBG: Battlefield created. This area is a unique environment full of new experiences. The narrow and lush mangrove forest requires many close combat.
- central planes – Center planes deliver the traditional experience you know and love. Similar to Erangel and Taego, this area offers a good balance of cover, scenery, and points of interest (POI) to explore. The POI “Lodge” is located in the central levels and is the largest building ever built in the game. You can land at the lodge and watch how some hunters become a hunted.
- Party District – Party-goers will enjoy the concert area, where you can see a giant chicken balloon floating in the air. The paintball arena also provides opportunities for short, medium and long distance fights. You should familiarize yourself with this point of interest as it may be included in Team Deathmatch mode in the future.
- Western Highlands – Snipers will enjoy the West Highlands area where you will test your sniper and sniper rifle skills. With minimal cultivation and a wide field of view, unsuspecting players could find themselves in the middle of crosshairs. The rolling hills and dry, rocky atmosphere of the deserted coastal island provide more cover and hiding places.
New movement mechanics and features
- climbing rope – With the arrival of Deston, an all-new action mechanic will also be introduced to PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS. The boarding rope is an automated pulley system attached to the walls of some buildings, including special cell towers. This new mechanic will allow you to move smoothly from the ground to the top of the building and back again. Also, you do not need to carry any special items to use the climbing ropes. The speed can be adjusted using the sprint button.
- Parachute jumping on the base – There is no point in creating the tallest buildings ever seen in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS if you can’t jump out of them. That’s why the base jump parachute has always been created so you can jump from Deston heights without fear. A basic jump parachute is a standard item in your inventory and will always be active. The parachute also keeps captured players on the map when jumping from the early end of the game. Also, in special cell towers equipped with boarding ropes, you can combine a boarding rope and an emergency parachute to fling yourself across the map.
- gas stations – Deston will have working gas stations where you can refuel your vehicles while navigating the map.
But be careful, because when firing, gas stations can be smashed in Michael Bay’s amazing explosion.
New Tactical Equipment: Blue Chip Detector
The Blue Chip Detector is the newest tactical gear item to come with Deston! Blue Chip Detector is a melee version of Spotting Scope that allows you to track the location of enemies within a certain radius. However, due to the delay in detection, Blue Chip Detector does not show the locations of other players in real time, and when used in neighborhoods it does not show the exact vertical position. PUBG: Basic BATTLEGROUNDS gameplay remains a top priority and feedback on the new Tactical Gear will be closely watched as soon as you get your hands on it.
Like all maps, Deston comes with two new exclusive weapons. Origin 12 is a shotgun with superior accuracy and range, making it more efficient in all areas of the map. The MP9 is a new and powerful SMG that specializes in close-range combat.
Designed to provide you with a variety of gameplay experiences, Deston will be playable in PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS on July 13th. More information about the features that will be announced along with the official launch will follow.
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and PC.
“Subtly charming coffee scholar. General zombie junkie. Introvert. Alcohol nerd. Travel lover. Twitter specialist. Freelance student.”
AMD is releasing beta graphics drivers for everyone after all
Some features also work with an empty battery
Probably the best co-op games over a local network or the Internet (2023 update)