Ferrari recalls its 458 and 488 due to brake problems.
The car manufacturer Ferrari is recalling its 458 and 488 supercars worldwide. Ferrari has determined that about 488 models built between 2016 and 2019 may have a vehicle safety defect. These vehicles are equipped with a braking system that can cause brake fluid to leak, resulting in a partial or complete loss of braking ability. After the recall in the US on October 29, 2021 (9,985 cars), the recall in China is now continuing.
The following Ferrari model series are affected by the recall, specifically in the USA:
- 488 GTB from production period 07/22/2015 to 08/28/2019
- 488 Spyder from production period 07/22/2015 to 08/28/2018
- 458 Italy from production period 09/26/2009 to 12/02/2015
- 458 Spyder from production period 09/26/2009 to 02/12/2015
- 458 Special from the production period 09/26/2009 to 12/02/2015
- 458 Speciale Aperta From production period 09/26/2009 to 02/12/2015
The subpoena can be found in the NHTSA under case number 21V-833.
Ferrari has to make improvements to its 458 and 488 series sports cars. Some vehicles may leak brake fluid.
“Creator. Troublemaker. Reader. Tv nerd. Proud beer advocate. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Introvert. Certified zombie practitioner. Thinker.”