On Sunday, December 10, 2023, the most successful Swiss athletes of the year will be honored at the “Sports Awards”. From now on, sports fans can have an opinion on who should become the ‘Most Valuable Player’ in 2023 on the Sports Awards home page. There are six team sport characters to choose from. Online voting continues until November 28, 2023.
This year, the Sports Awards once again promise an evening full of great moments in the spirit of Swiss sports. As usual, the most successful Swiss athletes will be honored in the following six categories: “Athlete”, “Athlete”, “Team”, “Coach”, “Paralympic Athlete” and “Most Valuable Player”. In addition, the greatest young Swiss talents receive the “SRF 3 Best Sports Talents” award.
The six nominees in the “MVP” category.
The “Most Valuable Player” – the most valuable Swiss player on the team – is selected through online voting, among other things. Sports-awards.ch to choose. The public can vote for their favorites between now and 28 November 2023. The election committee – made up of the Swiss Olympic Committee, the Swiss Olympic Athletes Committee, sportpress.ch and the SRG – has pre-nominated six figures from team sports. The deciding factor was performance over the period from November 1, 2022 to October 31, 2023. The six candidates are:
- manuel akanji, soccer; Winner of the treble with Manchester City (Championship, Cup, Champions League)
- Anna Maria Crnogorcevic, soccer; Spanish champion and Champions League winner with FC Barcelona
- Nico Hischier, ice hockey; Nominated as the best defensive forward in the NHL, captain and captain of the New Jersey Devils, and the most productive Swiss in the NHL playoffs.
- Laura Kunzlervolleyball. German champion with MTV Stuttgart, he qualified for the round of 16 of the European Championship as captain and captain of the Swiss national team.
- Alina Mueller, ice hockey; Top 3 college players in the USA, Northeastern Boston’s all-time leading scorer, No. 3 in the new PWHL Women’s Professional League Draft
- Nicholas Portnerhandball; Champions League winner with Magdeburg, Swiss handball award winner
Participating in online voting is worthwhile
In addition to Swiss sports fans, national sports media and top Swiss athletes from the Swiss Olympic Games are also eligible to vote. The votes are weighted by one-third each. Participants in the online public vote will have attractive prizes to win: an experience day at the Tour de Suisse 2024 with a look behind the scenes of the SRG, a race-level ride in the SRF support vehicle, seat tickets in the highest category for the Weltklasse Zurich 2024 including a TV production tour and tickets VIP for a Super League match of your choice.
Live broadcast with Fabian Gere and Rainer Maria Salzgeber
The “MVP” and the other award winners will be honored at a televised ceremony on Sunday 10 December 2023 in Zurich – viewable live from 8:05 pm on channels SRF 1, RTS 2 and RSI LA 2. It will include musical performances and framed by various inclusions. As in 2022, the gala will be moderated by Fabian Gere and Rainer Maria Salzgeber. Deborah Carpani and Ivan Zeppeli provide commentary for the live broadcast to the audience in Ticino.
“Creator. Troublemaker. Reader. Tv nerd. Proud beer advocate. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Introvert. Certified zombie practitioner. Thinker.”