The United States warns of a large Serbian military deployment on the Kosovo border
According to American information, Serbia is said to have mobilized large military forces on the border with Kosovo. The United States urges Serbia to withdraw its forces.
John Kirby, communications director at the US National Security Council, warned of a build-up of Serb forces on the border with Kosovo.
Last Sunday, a 30-member Serbian commando group took up positions in the town of Bangska near Mitrovica and engaged in battles with Kosovo police.
NATO announced on Friday that it will strengthen its protection force in Kosovo
Serbia is said to have deployed an “unprecedented” array of artillery and tanks on the Kosovo border.
The United States calls on Serbia to withdraw these forces.
Prominent Serbian businessman and politician Milan Radojicic claimed responsibility for the attack carried out by an armed commando group in northern Kosovo five days ago.
The US government says it is monitoring a “significant” Serbian military deployment on the island Border with Kosovo. The force includes an “unprecedented” array of artillery and tanks, John Kirby, communications director for the National Security Council, said Friday in Washington. “We call on Serbia to withdraw these forces from the border.”
Kirby said that the US government is concerned about the situation and has been monitoring it for about a week. He described the Serbian military presence on the border as “destabilizing.” He cannot currently make any statement about intent. Serbs are also under pressure through diplomatic channels to withdraw their forces.
Kosovo forces are being reinforced
Kosovo, populated almost exclusively by Albanians, broke away from Serbia with NATO help in 1999 and declared independence in 2008. More than 100 countries, including Switzerland, recognize independence, but not Serbia, which is regaining its former territory.
Last Sunday, a 30-member Serbian commando group took up positions in the town of Bangska near Mitrovica and engaged in battles with Kosovo police. Three Serb attackers and a Kosovar police officer were killed. NATO announced on Friday that it will strengthen its protection force in Kosovo
A senior Kosovo Serb politician admits responsibility
Senior Serbian politician in Kosovo W Businessman Milan Radošić It claimed responsibility for the attack carried out by an armed commando group in northern Kosovo five days ago.
“I decided to do this because all the resistance methods used so far have not brought any improvement in the lives of the Serbian people (in Kosovo),” he wrote in a statement read to the press by his lawyer in Belgrade on Friday. At the same time, he announced that he would resign as vice president of the Serbian List, the Kosovo Serb party. Where Radoicic is currently located is unknown.
With daily update, you can stay up to date with your favorite topics and never miss any news about current global events.
Get the most important things, short and concise, straight to your inbox every day.
(Department of Political Affairs/Position)
“Tv specialist. Friendly web geek. Food scholar. Extreme coffee junkie.”