Sandbox MMORPG Pax Dei is scheduled to appear in Early Access on Steam in 2024. So far, there has been an alpha testing phase where those interested can get a taste of the game. Another test will start soon that will show more of the game.
What innovations will we see in the test? Only a few F&F testers have been invited to the soon-to-be-released testing phase. As a result, most players can't even look at a sandbox MMO and have to live with the material released by the development team.
In order to prevent leakers from this test, the development team at Mainframe Industries has now published the first images from the upcoming testing phase. They show what changes have been made to the game recently.
These are the highlights:
- The tombstones are now highlighted more clearly by a glowing beam. This makes it easier for other players to find the grave and collect the loot left by the deceased player.
- There are new recipes, armor pieces, and weapons. In one image, for example, the player can be seen looking like a knight wearing a flowing cloak and fluffy fur.
- In the last photo, the team shows a stunning night sky, with the sun appearing in its corner as it sets. The sky looks so detailed that it is close to the real sky.
The team adds that this is still in the testing phase and is constantly being worked on. Therefore the displayed images may look different in the final game.
We have added the corresponding images for you here as a gallery:
Pax Day: New Alpha has been a long time coming
When can we see the innovations for ourselves? Unfortunately, the team is currently unable to share any new details about the next alpha phase. There will be new information in the coming weeks about what is planned for 2024. After all, the game is scheduled to appear in the spring of 2024.
In November 2023, players were able to get a taste of the first alpha phase of the MMORPG. Registered players can be invited to the alpha phase by invitation. There will likely be a similar procedure for the upcoming alpha.
The following features were discovered in Alpha I:
- An open world with more than 20 valleys, with an area of about 300 square kilometers
- Lots of resources from which to craft items
- Build your own house
- Green your own clan with friends
- Fight many enemies in dungeons
It is still unclear what other innovations will be present in the next testing phase. If you haven't heard about Pax Dei yet, you can watch the following trailer on MeinMMO:
What is Pax Day?
- Pax Dei is a sandbox MMORPG developed by CCP Games (EVE Online) based on Unreal Engine 5.
- The game has a lot of freedom. We can simply claim an area in the open world and build our home or even an entire city there.
- To build cities, you must collect resources and craft items from them. Even all the equipment items need to be crafted so they won't be dropped by monsters.
- The game does not have fixed classes. Play style can be customized by selecting weapons and armor.
- The character editor is also impressive with a large selection.
The MMORPG will initially appear in Early Access. There is no specific date yet. The title will initially be available for PC on Steam. Unfortunately, a console release is not planned.
If you're interested in other MMORPGs, there might be something for you here: All 65 MMORPGs currently in development for PC
“Subtly charming coffee scholar. General zombie junkie. Introvert. Alcohol nerd. Travel lover. Twitter specialist. Freelance student.”