Confirmed and unconfirmed problems with 23H2
If you have already installed the KB5027397 enabling update, you may have already encountered the issues that Microsoft has now published in the official list of known issues for version 23H2.
In the Windows Launch Health Dashboard Reports confirmed issues to the Windows team, some of which have already been fixed or are being addressed by third parties.
There are three known issues that the company is now listing. Only the first problem is really new; Microsoft has been ironing out other bugs in previous versions of Windows 11 23H2 for months.
Error depending on the health dashboard version
- BitLocker may incorrectly receive error 65000 in MDM devices:
- In some managed environments, “Device encryption required” may be reported as an error.
- Compatibility issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Windows 11:
- Windows 11 devices with the affected Intel SST driver may experience a blue screen error.
- Devices with the locale set to Croatia may not use the expected currency:
- This may affect apps that receive device currency for purchases or other transactions.
The BitLocker bug was also “imported” from the previous version and was confirmed by Microsoft at the beginning of October. It affects all versions of Windows that are still fully supported and is therefore also present in Windows 10. Aside from the confirmed problems with the update, there are a number of user complaints pointing to more bugs.
Gnter Born already has one for this purpose I started an overview of his blog It also points out bugs that were discussed mainly on Reddit and American blogs.
General and specific errors in Windows 11 23H2
In addition to the typical problems of the update being unable to install and failing or freezing with error messages such as 0x800f081f, 0x8007007e, 0x8000ffff, 0x800f0984, and 0x80073701, there are also other errors.
This includes issues with multi-monitor setups where desktop icons are not sorted properly. Additionally, users reported significant performance losses, especially in games that were still running smoothly before the update.
If you find a bug, be sure to report it to Microsoft using the feedback function so the Windows team receives more data to evaluate and can provide a solution more quickly.
Did you notice anything unusual after the update or find any interesting posts about other issues? Discuss it with us in the comments or send us a news tip. Thanks!
download Windows 11 system scan
Windows 11 23H2 Update: The most important innovations at a glance
- Microsoft releases Windows 11 Annual Update 23H2
- Known issues in the update listed in the official list
- Confirmed errors are all known
- The BitLocker bug affects all supported versions of Windows, including Windows 10
- User complaints point to other potential errors
- Issues include installation errors, poor performance, and multiple monitor issues
- Discuss and report on issues on blogs and Reddit.
“Subtly charming coffee scholar. General zombie junkie. Introvert. Alcohol nerd. Travel lover. Twitter specialist. Freelance student.”