Publisher Kalypso Media and in-house developer Gaming Minds Studios announced today a new DLC to simulate the popular money mogul Railway Empire. Starting May 7th, would-be train drivers can build their railroad empire using Japanese DLC content in the Land of the Rising Sun. The Railroad Empire – Japan DLC is thanks to the enthusiastic community’s great desire for more railroad adventures.
Future train drivers can exclusively use new DLC starting today Calypso store Pre-order at 17 percent off for € 9.95. Alternatively, the Japan DLC can actually Added to Steam wish list. If you don’t own the main game or one of the other DLC packages, we recommend Steam Midweek Madness Sale at up to 67% off. Railway Empire – Japan will also be available since its launch on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation Store and Microsoft Store. A Nintendo Switch release will follow later this year.
Railroad Empire – Japan takes players to Japan in the late nineteenth century, where an industrial revolution is imminent and the Japanese people declare their desire to create a nationwide railway network. After the successful Meiji restoration, this desire is now a reality and people from the former feudal areas yearn to travel to the growing megacities. Players: Inside, you can lay your tracks among beautiful mountains and a sea of cherry blossoms. Through insight, good planning, and smart strategy, players are building this railway network that enables “large-scale mobility” and steers Japan into a new industrial era.
Railroad Empire It has been praised by fans and critics alike since its release. The billionaire simulator offers varied gameplay with an enthralling mix of commerce, railway management and industrial espionage. Added to this are former DLC sites Australia, Sweden, France, Germany, Great Britain, Canada, the United States and Mexico. Railroad Empire – Japan will be the ninth expansion of Railroad Simulator.
About Empire Railroad – Japan DLC:
Japan 1872: After the successful restoration of Meiji rule, the Land of the Rising Sun faces a promising era of great industrial and economic change. Japan’s cherished desire to develop a modern nationwide railway network could become a reality. People from former feudal areas travel to prosperous metropolises.
In Railway Empire – Japan, it is now up to you to build a railway network that makes this ‘cool commuting’ possible. Smart future planning and strategy is required – do you depend on the long-awaited passenger transportation or do you prefer to transport cargo?
Carefully weigh profit and passenger satisfaction.
- Two new scenarios: “Sunshine” (1870-1890) and “Winding Paths” (1900-1920)
- Map expansion: 3 new Japanese maps (Total, Center and South) are available in Free Play and Sandbox mode.
- 8 historic locomotives such as the D51 Degoichi, Class 9600 Kyuroku, or Class 8620 Hachiroku.
- 28 new commercial items (such as sake and rice) and 35 new cities.
- New ticketing feature that can be played on all Empire Railroad cards: The new system provides options to interact with passengers – so you can satisfy tourists and travelers with services.
- 11 historical landmarks in Japan (such as Osaka Castle, Bebo Inferno, and Itsukushima Shrine).
- New music scores, many unique Japanese-themed buildings, and revamped thumbnails.