Difficulties can sometimes arise even when using premium in-ear AirPods and AirPods Pro headphones. So you can take the headphones out of the charging case and put them in your ears and only one of the two plays the selected song. But do not worry, in most cases this problem can be easily fixed. You can do this if only one AirPod is working.
What to do when only one AirPod is working
Option 1: Check the battery level
True wireless headphones It basically consists of two separate telephones. Do you often use only one of the two? AirPods or AirPods ProIt can happen that one headset is charging while the other is not. To check this, you must do the following:
- Ensure that the battery in the charging case is still charged. If in doubt, connect the case to a charging cable.
- Put both phones in the case and close it.
- Wait a minute and open the charging case near your iPhone or iPad
- The battery status of both the AirPods and the charging case will now be displayed on the corresponding device.
Option 2: Reconnect your AirPods
If both AirPods are charging and only one of them is making sound, there is likely a connection issue. In this case, you have to re-pair your AirPods. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Put your AirPods back in the charging case
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone or tablet
- Click on AirPods and choose Forget This Device
- Then open the charging case and press the button on the back until the status light flashes white.
- You can now reconnect your AirPods from your iPhone or iPad
If neither of these two measures is effective, there is a risk that one of the two AirPods is defective. In this case, it is worth going to the Apple Store. By the way, this also applies if you lose one of your AirPods — you can buy the individual headphones there.
Did the information help you? Are both AirPods working again? Write it now in the comments!
“Subtly charming coffee scholar. General zombie junkie. Introvert. Alcohol nerd. Travel lover. Twitter specialist. Freelance student.”